Thursday, September 16, 2010

Victorious Prayer

by Rick Leonard

I Samuel 17:36-37: Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine... 
Several years ago, I had to have shoulder surgery twice on the same shoulder. I was off work for 12 weeks. This put me on disability checks, which amounted to 60% of a regular 40-hour paycheck. To make matters worse, the paperwork was sent to the wrong address, so I didn’t receive a check for five weeks.
Within the first week, the rear end on our main vehicle locked up, our garage door broke and the lawn mower quit working. Two weeks later, the transmission went out on our truck. A couple of weeks later, I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled, and then I needed a root canal and a crown put in. I needed victory! First Samuel 17:37 jumped out at me.
David based his prayer on what God had done for him in the past. He knew God was still with him and would give him victory again. That’s exactly what I needed. God had always provided for me, and there was no reason to think He wouldn’t do it this time. What a peace came over me! God took care of every situation that summer.
Sure, there are times stress, concern, and worries engulf me. I’m only human. But God delivered me in the past, and He delivers me now.

Prayer: Father, thank You for supplying all of my needs. You are my Rock and my Salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment