Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Opening Eyes

by Anita Belcher

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does…We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 

As Pastor Dan has said numerous times, “I’ve got problems; you’ve got problems; all God’s people got problems.” We all know this to be true. I heard a saying once, “If you haven’t run head on into satan, maybe it’s because you’re both going the same direction.” We must remember to rest in the promise that “the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).
At one point in my life, I found myself in the midst of a very real physical demonic attack, virtually taking over my speech, movements, and vision. My thought process even escaped me. But deep down in my inner being, I was at peace, totally absent of fear. I knew God was with me. As directed in the Bible, the elders and pastor prayed over me. As the demonic power intensified, so did the prayers and soon I felt the power that had gripped me with so much force, loosen. Within minutes, I felt it leave me altogether and I was able to testify that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Then my eyes were opened. A victory through my Lord! Alone “against the power of this dark world” I am nothing. Tossed around like a marble in a pinball machine. I must keep my focus on Christ. And never forget that He is on the throne. There is a battle at hand—no question. But there is power for victory in Jesus Christ.

Prayer: Dear God, help me to remember as I rise in the morning and prepare for my day that I need to be dressed in the full armor of God before I am ready to face the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment