Monday, September 20, 2010

True Worship

by Tom Wiggins

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth. 

There are times in my Christian life when God seems very distant and I have trouble finding Him. When these times come I go to a song on my computer’s “favorites” list; I turn up my speakers and listen. The song was written by Andraé Crouch and is titled “My Tribute.” It is sung by the Oslo, Norway choir. Here are some of the words:
“How can I say thanks for the things He has done for me, things so undeserved that He did to prove His love for me? The voices of a million angels cannot express my gratitude, all that I am or ever hope to be I owe it all to Thee.”
When I think of what Christ has done for me personally, God is suddenly very near and worshiping and thanking Him become easy. True worship only takes place when our spirit and the Holy Spirit commune with each other, whether in our daily living or when we come together as a church to worship God.

Prayer: Lord, help us to worship You in spirit and in truth. May we always have Your Name in our hearts and minds—giving You praise and thanks for all You do for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment