Friday, September 24, 2010

The Healing Power of Prayer

by Sandy Bunch

1 Kings 8:28 Yet give attention to your servant's prayer and plea for mercy, O Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. 

I asked God what He would like me to share today. I kept being reminded of the first time He made himself known to me as my Healer. A new Christian at 40 years of age, I suffered from severe allergies all of my life. They were especially bad in the summer, when the trees bloomed, when we baled hay and when we were around animals (which I love). It was a constant battle with sneezing and itching, which was so severe that I wanted to claw the inside of my head out.
Right after I became a believer I had an attack in the middle of the night and asked God that He would take this from me, if it was His will. Immediately I heard a pop in my head and all the symptoms left. That was 30 years ago and I have never suffered from allergic symptoms again! I am reminded whenever I hear, “it's that time of year again,” to give thanks over and over that He heard and answered my prayer so beautifully and powerfully.
What can people learn and apply? Nothing is too insignificant or too hard for God. He knows the hairs on our heads and the sparrow that falls from the nest. He ASKS us to bring our requests to Him. He is a loving, caring God that delights in the prayers of His beloved.

Prayer: Dear Father, I need You. You are everything to me. Comfort me and make something beautiful from my life. I surrender all that I am into Your hands and I ask that You fill me with all of You. Whatever You have for me, I receive with open arms because I know it's from You and I trust You with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment