Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Satan Is On A Leash

by Justin Pangle

I Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 

With the Word of God hidden in my heart and sometimes even written on my t-shirt, I have found that the enticement of sin is always prevalent in new forms and ways. Adam and Eve dealt with the problem of temptation in choosing to eat the forbidden fruit, while I have numerous temptations bombarding me on any given day.
I am not the type of person who would wish to hurt himself by jumping off of a building, or even by sticking my hands in an aquarium full of piranhas. But there is damage and hurt that is caused when we give into our temptations. For some reason, I am quick to forget that when I am being tempted.
It is helpful when I’m reminded that satan is on a leash and God promises that He will never allow satan to go too far. Your own battle with your own temptation is personal for you, to be sure. We are all tempted in different ways. Yet we are so fortunate to have a loving God who promises that the intensity of the temptation and escape route will also be uniquely tailored to us. Temptation will never be so strong that it will exceed our own ability to follow God's Word. With God’s power, we can overcome.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, You know of my struggle with [insert your temptation(s)]. Strengthen me and help me to stay away from and giving into [your temptation(s)]. Thank You for giving us a way out of every temptation that crosses our path.

No comments:

Post a Comment