Monday, September 6, 2010

One Long Week

by David Shier

Luke 4:6 And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor; for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.”

It was a long and tiresome week and I noticed that my actions were starting to reflect my attitude. I was working a lot, it didn’t feel like I was making any progress with the “list” and it was starting to take its toll on me. Like a constant annoying voice in my head I could hear lots of tempting ideas popping in there. Most of which were things of my past, before I was a follower of Christ. They were very distracting and appealing but through a little prayer I got through the first couple days. It didn’t take long for them to come back stronger and more direct. It was time to either knuckle up or give in to my selfish desires.

So, I decided to call in back up and asked my accountability partner to pray for me. I also dedicated longer quiet time and LOTS more prayer. Through all this I came through that week stronger and with a greater presence of the Holy Spirit in me. I know that those voices I was hearing were that of satan’s and the more that I put my faith in Christ the greater His protection was present.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I pray that You would give me a clear conscience and guide my actions today so that I would not falter and I would strive to do Your will. Give me the strength to stand firm in Your ways. Thank You for Your guiding hands and restful arms that I can only find in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment